Summers are coming to be known as Rosé season. Today's Rosés are dry, sophisticated and food friendly. Our Rosés are the freshest on the market and perfect for almost any summer gathering.
2014 Apaltagua Rosé of Carmenere is uniquely Chilean by its native fruit and is produced under the watchful eye of the country's biodynamic guru, Alvaro Espinoza. The wine blooms with light aromas of rose petal, smokey balsamic and spices followed by a smooth finish. Last year's Rosé was featured on the Today Show.
2014 Calcu Rosé is a blend of 50% Malbec, 40% Syrah and 10% Petit Verdot from the cool climate of the Colchagua Valley. Together they produce a dry, brilliantly pink colored Rosé wine with an elegant spicy aroma of raspberry and citrus. It pairs well with most foods including dishes with goat cheese, seafood, grilled chicken and delicate asian entrees. This vintage was recently named a 'Best Buy' with 90 pts from Wine & Spirits magazine in their June 2015 issue: “Distinctly refreshing, a little mineral, filled with fresh red fruit scents and a light structure.”
Just released- Outstanding scores of our newest vintages and press accolades. Be sure to visit our 'Press Reviews' page for a full listing:
The James Suckling reports the following for the 2015 Argentina report
In the June 2015 Wine & Spirits Magazine:
- 91 pts Ricardo Santos Grand Reserve Malbec (Mendoza)
- 90 pts Ricardo Santos Malbec (Mendoza)
- 90 pts Calcu Rose 2014 Colchagua Valley (Best Buy)
- 90 pts Maquis Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 Colchagua Valley
- 89 pts Gran Verano Chardonnay 2014 Central Valley, BIB 3.0L (Best Buy)
- 88 pts Meli Riesling 2014 Maule Valley (Best Buy)
We have some excellent awards to report from recent competitions:
Critics Challenge International Wine Competition 2015
- 2010 Maquis 'Franco' Cabernet Franc was awarded a Platinum medal + 'Best Cabernet Franc'
- 2014 Albamar Sauvignon Blanc was awarded a Gold medal
- 2011 Marichal Reserve Collection Tannat was awarded a Silver medal
Jerry Mead's 25th Annual New World Int'l Wine Competition
The competition encourages New World wine producers to enter, but is open to winemakers from all over the world.
- 2013 Tercos Malbec was awarded a Gold medal + 'Best of Varietal'
TEXSOM 2015 International Wine Awards
Texsom International Wine Awards. Texsom is sponsored by Texas Monthly and judged by a panel of industry professionals from all over the world.
- 2011 Maquis Cabernet Franc is a Silver medal winner